In part 1 of this BuzzBundle tutorial series we learnt how to install BuzzBundle on the PC/Mac/Linux and covered the differences between BuzzBundle and BuzzBundle Pro.
I will be teaching the setup and use of BuzzBundle Pro on the Windows PC step by step for the rest of this series.
Today we will be learning:
a) All the basic functions within BuzzBundle Pro.
b) How to create our very first BuzzBundle Pro project.
Follow along and …
Get your copy of BuzzBundle Pro at the official website:
BuzzBundle Video Tutorial #2
Please Watch The Video Horizontally If On A Mobile Device
Click the PDF image above and click Save As. Would recommend printing it out.
Basic Functions Of BuzzBundle Pro
The best way to learn a new tool is to identify all the basic functions and what each of them does first and this is what we will be doing before setting up our very first BuzzBundle campaign.
To make this tutorial a little bit more interesting, we will be setting up campaigns for a fictional company called Flower Journey LLC which will be a small online startup company with florists in 3 countries and 2 distributors.
Doing this will help you understand the relevance of personas/profiles and give you a good idea of how you can use BuzzBundle to promote (client/your) businesses in the next video.
Feel free to scale down what you learn if you’re only using BuzzBundle for yourself and/or one client.
So let’s get started!
With the help tab you have access to:
- Online Help: A collection of help articles for BuzzBundle customers outlining the main concepts of what BuzzBundle is all about.
- SEO Guide: A complementary bonus for BuzzBundle customers which is an online DIY Book For Internet Entrepreneurs.
- BuzzBundle Homepage: This takes you to the BuzzBundle Homepage.
- Error Logging: A way to log errors that may occur with the software. An advanced “nice to have” feature not needed to run BuzzBundle.
- Send Project To Support: A useful function to send error reports to BuzzBundle support from within the software itself. It only becomes active once a project is open (see File Tab instructions below).
- Translate (Localize): A feature to add language localizations. An advanced “nice to have” feature not needed to run BuzzBundle.
- Registration (info): This is where you’ll need to come to enter your license details if you have the pro version of BuzzBundle. These details are provided in the email when you get your copy.
With the file tab you have access to:
- New Project: Creation of new BuzzBundle projects with streams, keyword groups, personas & profiles. We will cover campaign setups with our fictional company called Flower Journey in Tutorial #3.
- Open Existing Project: Opening of existing projects which have been saved.
- Save Project / Save Project As / Save All Opened Projects: Saving of projects. BuzzBundle always reminds you of unsaved projects.
- Close Current Project/ Close All Projects: Closing of projects which have been worked on.
- Open Recent Project: The option to open projects recently opened.
- Quit Program: Shutting down the BuzzBundle program.
With the window tab you have an efficient way of switching between projects:
- Next Project: Making the next project the active project. Can also be accessed via the shortcut keys: ALT+Right.
- Previous Project: Making the previous project the active project. Can also be accessed via the shortcut keys: ALT+Left.
Tip For Window Tab:
You can also access projects via the Project: Dropdown menu.
With the preferences tab you can set the way your BuzzBundle campaigns will be displayed.
Clicking on Misc. Global settings gives us access to a lot of settings. We will only focus on the most important ones marked green to get up and running with BuzzBundle:
- Preferred Social Media: With this setting social media sites to monitor can be chosen.Untick all the social profiles except for the social networks. This is because version 2.3 of BuzzBundle does not have the ability to sort the order of streams yet and doing it like this will automatically add the fastest appearing streams i.e. the social networks across all our projects. This will become much clearer in the next video!
- Streams: The streams section in BuzzBundle is based on tabs, where each tab holds 2-4 streams of different kinds of social media discussions.
Think of tabs as “office drawers” and the streams as “utensils” which you keep in the drawer e.g. pens, papers, paper clips etc.
- Personas & Profiles: Personas and profiles can be added and edited here and will be covered in the next video. However for now and better understanding, think of a persona as the person(s)/client(s)/company(ies) you are representing online. Each persona will need to have a social profile e.g. one for Google+, one for Twitter, one for Linkedin etc so that they can reply to conversations which appear on the streams they are on.
- Keyword Groups: BuzzBundle monitors phrases which appear online and these are called keywords, which are added to Keyword groups. This is an advanced setting to change what appears in the Keyword groups. Leave it at default.
- Human Emulation: An advanced feature to emulate human behavior when getting data from the web e.g. Visiting the search engine’s homepage. Leave it at default.
- User Agents: Ability to set BuzzBundle to perform searches using various browsers (aka agents). In this case search engines will assume that queries are coming from different people. Leave it at default.
- Proxy Rotation: Not compulsory but recommended. With proxy rotation BuzzBundle will switch between different proxies when running its checks. This gives search engines the impression as if queries are being made manually by different people rather than automated with software.
Recommendation For Proxies:
Do NOT use public proxies which are spammed and unreliable. Instead get a minimum of 10 private semi dedicated proxies from BuyProxies.Org. If you’re in or near Europe order the european proxies. Order the american proxies if you’re in or near the states.
- Captcha Settings: Search Engines and other third party services used for data search tend to show CAPTCHAs from time to time. This is to prevent automated queries from overloading their servers.
Recommendation For Captchas:
Tick the setting that says “Show Captcha” or use an inexpensive Anti-Captcha key (for BuzzBundle customers) which is my personal recommendation.
- Proxy Settings: BuzzBundle can be setup to connect to the Internet through a proxy server. An advanced feature. Leave it at default.
- Scheduler: With the scheduler BuzzBundle can be setup to run certain tasks regularly on a specified date. Tasks can be easily added, edited and removed. An advanced feature.
- Language Settings: The ability to switch between English, Spanish, French, Polish or Portuguese.
Recommendation: Only switch languages IF you know the language you’re switch to since this will change the complete language of the software!
- Color Schemes: Ability to switch color schemes. Nice to have feature.
- Misc Global Settings: Software generic settings for delays. Advanced feature. Leave at default.
In this video tutorial series we covered the setup of BuzzBundle Pro:
- We learnt about the Help tab and the 2 most important functions Send Project To Support and Registration Info
- We learnt about the Window tab and how we can use it to easily switch between projects for maximum work efficiency.
- We covered the Preferences Tab and how to optimize both the functionality and look and feel of our workspace.
- We learnt how to create, save, close and open our very 1st BuzzBundle project.
Now that we know where and what the key basic functions of BuzzBundle are, we have successfully setup the software and are now ready to setup our first campaigns with ease!
This will be covered in Tutorial #3.
Resources Covered In The Video
- BuzzBundle Pro – Get your copy of the tool we are covering in this tutorial series. It comes with all the bells and whistles one would expect of a brand promotion and management tool.
- BuyProxies – I recommend a minimum of 10 semi dedicated proxies. Super friendly and reliable service providers where i get all my private proxies.